Skip to content

Registration and Credits

It is important to consult with your academic advisor regarding your study abroad plans. You should have an understanding of the impact of JCMU’s courses on your academic progress. We assume that you have discussed the JCMU Program with your academic advisor(s) and study abroad advisor. It is a good idea to touch base with them once more before departing for Japan to verify that everything is in order.

Students from JCMU member universities will register at their home universities since registration of JCMU students is handled a little differently at each of the participating universities. Therefore, specific questions should be addressed to your own university coordinator. MSU and Lifelong Education students report to the JCMU Program Office at MSU. Those wishing to have the credits transferred to another institution must request a transcript from the MSU Registrar ( This is not done automatically.

Return to Handbook