Kansai International Airport
Getting to JCMU from Kansai International Airport (KIX)
Please note that these are sample itineraries. Students planning to travel on their own should double-check train schedules and availability. Detailed times and fares can be found on Hyperdia.
Flowchart getting to JCMU from KIX:
- From KIX, there are many ways to get to JCMU.
- The Haruka train which goes to Hikone runs only a few times each day, but it is the most direct option.
- Another Haruka train will take you straight to Kyoto.
- From Kyoto Station, board a train on track #2 or #3 bound for Maibara, Nagahama or Ohmi-Shiozu. Get off at Hikone Station.
- The taxi fare from Hikone Station to JCMU costs about ¥1800 (cash only).
- If you ask at the ticket desk at the airport, you may be given a slightly different route. These are just the most common.