Consortium scholarships are supported through special initiatives of the JCMU Consortium. Only students from Michigan’s 15 public universities (listed below) are eligible for these scholarships. You must be enrolled at one of our Consortium universities during the time of the program to receive this scholarship. You do not need to apply for these awards - they will be given to you automatically.
As these scholarships are offered through JCMU, scholarship payments will be issued as deductions from the recipient’s JCMU invoice. Only in the case that the scholarship award is greater than the amount due will the scholarship then be paid directly to the student’s home institution. JCMU does NOT issue any form of payment to the student or recipient directly.
- $2,000 for the Summer Intensive Language program
- $1,900/semester for the Semester Language & Culture program
- $1,500 for the Environment & Sustainability in Japan, Health & Culture of Japan, and Teaching English in Japan programs
- $1,000 for the Summer Internship program
- $200 for the May short programs (listed on main webpage)
Other Consortium scholarships
There are also other additional scholarships available only to Consortium students. Details on how to apply will be sent to all eligible students upon acceptance into their program. At present, this includes the following:
For questions or concerns regarding consortium-only scholarship opportunities, please contact JCMU Fiscal Officer in East Lansing, Kitty Douglass, at email@example.com or by phone at 517-355-4654.
Consortium universities are:
- Central Michigan University
- Eastern Michigan University
- Ferris State University
- Grand Valley State University
- Lake Superior State University
- Michigan State University
- Michigan Technological University
- Northern Michigan University
- Oakland University
- Saginaw Valley State University
- University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, Dearborn and Flint)
- Wayne State University
- Western Michigan University