Home > Students > Getting Started > Academic Credit

Academic Credit

All JCMU courses are for college credit and are consistent with the standards of all of our consortium, affiliate and cooperative universities’ academic work.

We encourage all prospective students to meet with their study abroad and academic advisors to ensure that JCMU will work within their curriculum and check that the student earns academic credit for time spent at JCMU.

Students who attend JCMU from a consortium, affiliate, or cooperative institution will:

  • Remain enrolled at their home institution during their time at JCMU.
  • Have their JCMU coursework reported as courses at their home university after successful completion of the program.

Students who attend from an institution unaffiliated with JCMU will:

  • Enroll as a Lifelong Education (LLE) guest student at Michigan State University (MSU).
  • Have their JCMU coursework and grades reported on an MSU transcript.
  • Need to request an official transcript from MSU once grades have posted and follow the procedures of their home institution for transferring credit.